Monday, September 16, 2019

My Pillow Project ... Explained

My Pillow Project

I'm not sure how it happens really but I tend to end up with orphan quilt blocks.
Sometimes I cut fabric for a block incorrectly and end up with a block that is the wrong size for the project that I am working on.
Sometimes I will make a practice block from scrap fabric before I start a big project.
Sometimes I will end up with a block that I don't really like how it looks - the fabrics don't look that great together and I just don't want to use them in my quilt project.
Sometimes while at the KMQG meetings orphan blocks will be offered up and I will snag a few of them.

Whatever the reason for ending up with orphan blocks I have decided to make them into pillows.
I love pillows!

Red Cross Pillows = 2 orphan blocks where I cut the fabric the wrong size


The Blue Star Pillows = the star blocks were orphan blocks obtained at one of the KMQG meetings. I added some low volume fabrics and made 3 pillows 16 x 12 inches.

One of the pillows was gifted to my friend, Gisele, as a going away gift. The other two are in my living room - along with the 2 Red Cross Pillows.

Presently, I have several quilt blocks in my orphan block stack that will be made into pillows. 

I 💖 pillows!



No comments:

Post a Comment