Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Acting On An Idea

That moment when I have an idea and I act on it immediately before I have time to forget it!

hahaha!

I'm the world's worst at coming up with what I consider a good idea and NOT acting on it, or writing it down to act on later. I sometimes wonder at the ideas that I have had that have just vanished.
Oh well ... NOT THIS TIME! And, boy am I glad!

As you know I am participating in the Stitch Supply Co, The Mugs Quilt Sew Along and I have been reading ahead on the pattern and the sew along schedule.

Week #4 is the Fussy Cut Mug


I immediately remembered a panel I had purchased on a trip to Hancock Fabrics in Paducah, Kentucky.


When I purchased the panel, I had no real plan for it but it was just so cute.
The sweet little Southern Belles reminded me of embroidered pillowcases.
I love hand embroidered anything but especially hand embroidered pillowcases.


For The Mugs Quilt Sew Along I needed 7 fussy cut mug blocks and the panel had 8 Southern Belles!
It was perfect!


I made 8 blocks instead of 7, I may make the extra one into a pillow top, I'm not really sure but it seemed a shame not to make all 8 Southern Belles into blocks.


I'm so happy with these cute little fussy cut mug blocks.
I'm so happy that I immediately acted on my idea of using this panel for these blocks.
I'm so happy that I didn't let this idea slip away.
I'm so happy that I purchased this cute little panel of fabric even though I had no idea of what I was going to do with it.
I'm so happy that I decided to join The Mugs Quilt Sew Along.
I'm so happy that I decided to make this quilt a Red / White quilt.

I'm so happy ... 




No comments:

Post a Comment