Thursday, September 3, 2020

Game Night

Game Night

I am fortunate enough to say that I grew up in a family who loves to play games.

Board games, card games ... you name it we love to play games!

A few years ago I was part of a group that played mahjongg every Thursday night. We rotated hosting responsibilities and it was just a fun group. We played together for years but like all good things it fizzled out and I haven't played mahjongg regularly for years now and I have missed it. 

While a regular mahjongg player I had the pleasure of teaching all of my children how to play and when they are home they will take mercy on me and play a few rounds.

A lady that I work with saw a post of mine about mahjongg and she contacted me about playing. Me, my daughter, her friend, and my friend for work set up a date to play and then the pandemic hit and we weren't able to gather together to play.

I'm happy to say that this past Sunday afternoon we all got together ... with masks and hand sanitizer ... and enjoyed an afternoon of mahjongg.


With our new 2020 game cards in hand we played for about 3 hours and it was wonderful.
I didn't realize how much I had missed playing this amazing game until we sat down and began our first game. This game just never gets old! I LOVE MAHJONGG!
I even managed to win a couple of games!


I love mahjongg, this game never gets old. Each year there is a new playing card and the play is always challenging and fun. Not to mention being able to gather a small group of ladies (4 of us) together for conversation and fun playing a really great game.

We've already set a date to play mahjongg again! And, I'm so happy to be playing mahjongg regularly again. I'm hopeful this group will continue playing for a long time.

Goals for September Stats
2.02 miles in 42.09 minutes
breakfast smoothie
fruit for lunch
sweet potato, brown rice, vegetables, and salad for dinner

A completely vegan day - no meat or dairy
day 3 with no dairy


  

No comments:

Post a Comment