Sunday, December 3, 2023

Red / White String Pieced Quilt - Hand-Quilting Project

Red/White String Pieced Quilt

Hand-Quilting Project has begun ... 

I used to do a bit more hand-quilting but piecing quilt tops is the quilting process I enjoy the most. Fortunately, I have a brilliant and wonderful friend who also is a brilliant and wonderful machine quilter. In my efforts to slow life down a bit I've decided to hand-quilt a quilt this winter. I'm learning to relax  ...  hopefully ...


Having the floor space to put the quilt "sandwich" together is a chore but when I was rearranging the living room in order to put up my Christmas tree, I took that opportunity to get my Winter 2023/2024 quilt project ready for hand-quilting.


Backing and batting ...


The pieced quilt top ... 


Pin basting ... lots and lots of pins ...


Marking and framing ... and now the quilt is ready for hand-quilting ...

Here we go ... wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment