Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Update - HEARTS

Scrappy HEARTS

Just a little update on the HEARTS quilt


100 HEARTS!

This past weekend I sewed together my 5th row of 20 heart blocks!
Just 15 more rows to go ... 
To date I have made 103 HEART blocks, which means I have 297 HEART blocks to go ...
I've been enjoying making one of these blocks each morning and in doing so achieving my goal of making/sewing a quilt block each day. Some days I make more than one and, I have miss a day or two here and there, but on the whole ... I am sewing daily.

I have been trying to focus on making sewing daily a habit for years but was never quiet able to do it.
I think that God's timing is perfect and I think this project proves that for me.
God knew that I would need something special to focus on during this Pandemic, amid all of the uncertainty and worry for all of those whom I love and our world in general.
A special project that would remind me of the good.
Gives me hope and quiets my anxiety and silences my fears.
A project that somehow helps to heal the brokenness.
The making of this quilt will hold a lot of memories and a lot of emotions.
This quilt will always hold a special place in my heart.

💗💗💗 

No comments:

Post a Comment