Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Oh So Fancy

Oh so fancy ...


I love patterns by Elizabeth Hartman HERE 
I have made several of her quilt patterns and they are all written so well. 
Her Fancy Fox II pattern was the same. 

The problems I had with this quilt were of my own making ...
you know how some times an idea for a quilt or project looks better in your head than it does in real life???

Well ... I chose a background fabric that I thought would be so fun and ...


IT WASN'T!!!!!
Not to mention that I had pieced one of the blocks (the eyes in the bottom left fox) incorrectly!
Ugh!!! I put the blocks away for over a month. All I could see was an hour our two of seam ripping.


So ...
I purchased a beautiful blue KONA solid (Pacific blue) and got busy with my seam ripper - totally dissembling my little fancy fox faces! I also fixed the eyes on the one fox that I had pieced incorrectly.
It was a busy Saturday!


Fancy Fox II
60 x 72 inches
The solid background is so much better. 

💖💖💖

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment