Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Quilt Kits

Quilt Kits

This past year I purchased a couple of quilt kits and I have loved making them. It is wonderful having everything you need to make a quilt top. All of the fabrics are chosen and the pattern all in one place ready to go ... one and done so to speak.

I still love making quilts from patterns and then choosing the fabrics but sometimes it is really nice to have a quilt kit ... ready to go!

Amanda of Westwood Acres Fabric puts together amazing quilt kits!


Denim and Lace is the quilt kit that I purchased. The fabrics are spot on!


I don't tend to have a lot of low volume fabrics. As much as love them, I just don't seem to gravitate toward them when I am purchasing fabrics. So for me this quilt kit was perfect. I did add a couple of low volume fabrics that I had ... just to make the quilt project a little more uniquely my own. Because I'm goofy like that!


This quilt pattern uses strip piecing and then cutting of sub-sets. It is all 2.5 inch squares.
What is up with me lately ... I've made several quilts using 2.5 inch squares??
Hummm????


I absolutely love how these blocks are turning out. Just look at all of that low volume fabric goodness!


The lighting in my sewing room is horrible ... and does not do this quilt block justice. 
In person this block is just stunning!


Two of Twelve ... making progress ...


No comments:

Post a Comment