Sunday, October 2, 2022

Sewing Saturdays and Quilting Mistakes

 Sewing Saturdays and Quilting Mistakes

Yes, I still make plenty of mistakes in my quilty life as well as in life in general. Mistakes are necessary ... so that we can grow and learn.


I have really been enjoying working on this quilt kit that I purchased from Amanda of Westwood Acres Fabric.


I love this look of this pattern and the use of low volume fabrics.


I got ahead of myself and pieced two blocks before I read the whole pattern and watched the quilt a long on Amanda's You Tube channel.

https://youtu.be/r5ADkDCLLsM


Thus my mistake ... so seam ripping was involved ...


Mistake aside ... I managed to get all of the units for the blocks made and up on my design wall. I still have a bit of tweaking to do but otherwise I'm well on my way to finishing this quilt project. I have a funny ... I showed my daughter this final progress photo and she looked at me with shock on her face and said, "It's blue! She was shocked that it wasn't a red/white quilt! hahahahaha!!! 

#denim&lace


No comments:

Post a Comment