Thursday, February 21, 2019

Today I ... Did some Rounding Up


L-O-V-E
A work in progress
This one was not on my design wall very long. I saw a quilt like this on Pinterest years ago. I actually think that I originally saw the quilt on Purl Soho's website but I'm not entirely sure. All I know is that I always wanted to make one of my own. When I decided to begin making Red and White quilts, this one was the first design that came to mind.


This L-O-V-E quilt is now ready for machine quilting, the backing is made and it is ready to go!


This is "My Red Work" I started this quilt years and years and years ago. I go the idea for Nova at A Cuppa and a Catch up blog. I embroidered each of the 5.5 inch squares. In January I picked the blocks I had together and began adding borders.


This is my Tribute Star quilt top ... ready for machine quilting! I love this quilt pattern, it is by Denyse Schmidt at disquiets.com I love this pattern because it comes together so quickly to make a nice 60 x 60 inch quilt. It is my go to pattern when I'm asked to make a donation quilt. So naturally when I began making Red and White quilts, this pattern was a must.


And, I kept adding borders to "My Red Work" ... of course 


Humble beginnings ... WIPs on my design wall ...

No comments:

Post a Comment