Sunday, August 22, 2021

Parts and Serious Quilt Math

Parts and Pieces and Orphan Blocks

Thanks to some serious quilt math my red / white parts, pieces, and orphan blocks quilt top is coming together. Nothing makes me happier than being able to use orphan blocks - especially the red and white ones.  💖 


From blah randomness ...


To organized chaos!!! I am not unhappy!  😀
The checker board strip at the top is from my historical redwork quilt top that I completed on my vacation this year. The fancy fox face is a test block - the background fabric is to light and the fox's face just fades into the background but it is still a cute block. Too cute not to use. The wonky stars inside of the stars - is all of the half square triangles leftover from piecing the 4 fox faces that I am currently seam ripping apart to repair. The Tula Pink splash fabric I used for the background is an EPIC FAIL! The idea to use Tula Pink splash fabric looked so much better in my head than in real life!
Hahahahaha!
It happens!


No comments:

Post a Comment