Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Red/White Double Dip Quilt

 Red/White Double Dip Quilt

Lately, I have been very fascinated with traditional quilts, I have several older quilt books and there is a few instagram accounts that showcase traditional "vintage" quilts.

The colors ... the patterns ... are just stunning.

On our snowy Saturday I started a quilt project called Double Dip. I came across the pattern on Karile Oaks website http://www.kairleoaks.com


Snowy, windy, and chilly outside ...


An entire weekend with no place to be ... except warm and snug in my sewing room working on this beautiful red/white quilt creation ...


Cutting ... lots and lots of cutting ... strips and subsets ... 


and a crazy ton of little stacks!!!


It is a process ... a process that I love!!


The first 5 blocks I pieced incorrectly .... ugh!
So ... a fair bit of seam ripping too!


No comments:

Post a Comment