Monday, March 4, 2019

Today I ... Put A Little Love in My Heart


This quilt pattern is by Elizabeth Hartman the pattern is called Pixel Heart, it is one of her earlier patterns and I have had it for years in my queue to make. The pattern calls for solid fabrics but I really wanted to use fabrics with a pattern but never found what I was looking for. I love patterns by Elizabeth Hartman, they are well written and easy to follow. I have acquired several of her patterns over the years. 

Anyhow ....


... recently I found this charm pack by Shayla Wolf, Foundation B.O.M and quickly bought 4 of them, Elizabeth's pattern calls for 150, 5 inch squares.
I LOVE THESE FABRICS!
Not only are they bright beautiful colors but they have beautiful geometric designs.
Be still my heart ... 


My Quilting Planets were aligned perfectly to finally make the Pixel Heart quilt of my dreams! 
And, that is exactly what I did ...


I couldn't be happier with the results! I did make one modification to the pattern, I added the row above Row #1 listed on the pattern. The very top of the heart shape. By using the charm packs for my 5 inch color blocks the only cutting I had to do was the white strips. This quilt top went together in one "full" day in my sewing room. It rained all day on Sunday, so I was able to sew the day away while doing my laundry and binge watching Netflix and Hulu.




No comments:

Post a Comment