Monday, June 3, 2019

Today It Is Back to Work I Go ...

Pondering why weekends go by so quickly ...

Surly I'm not the only one!
HAHAHA!

A few weeks back I finished a quilt top that I will be using as a table topper.

Moda Love Charm Quilt
37 x 37 inches (I added a 3 inch border)


I'm still passionate about the stunning simplicity of Red / White quilts.


I'm well behind the on the "trending" quilt patterns and fabrics these days.
I used to follow more than a few fabric and pattern designers
but found that I was doing more following than I was sewing.

Surly I'm not the only one!
HAHAHA!

This quilt pattern is a free one from Moda fabrics and as far as I can tell "trended" in 2014.

This pattern comes in 3 sizes - one size is made with a layer cake 72 x 72 inches, one with a charm pack 32 x 32 inches, and one with a mini charm pack 12 x 12 inches.
I have made the Moda Love Charm Quilt pictured here, I added a 3 inch border finishing the top 
at 37 x 37 inches.

I used the Riley Blake, "So Ruby" charm pack designed by Carina Gardner.
I have also purchased the "So Ruby" layer cake pack to make this quilt in the larger layer cake size
of 72 x 72 inches.

You can find the Moda Love quilt pattern in all three sizes HERE

I loved making this one, the pattern is very easy to read and follow. The quilt comes together quickly, using the pre-cut charm pack means less cutting, although you can easily use 
your favorite fabrics by cutting the squares needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment