Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Today I ... Conquered Chaos ... Sort of ...

How this chaos all started ... 

I have been wanting to make a red/white quilt of red crosses. So I started doing just that but ended up not liking the crosses. I didn't like the size or making the cross block from 
just a solid red. 


So I ended up with more than a few 9.5 inch cross orphan blocks. I already had several
9.5 inch orphan blocks left over from making my Brick Road quilt.


I decided to take all of those cross and brick road orphan blocks and put them together to make a quilt top. Of course there weren't ENOUGH orphan blocks ... so I had to make a few more blocks. I decided to make 9.5 inch blocks from a pattern and tutorial by Jera Brandvig of the blog Quilting in the Rain. You can find that tutorial HERE.
I then ended up with floor to ceiling block chaos!!!!



Once I was able to get the blocks sewn into rows ... I moved them to the living room floor
to work on a layout that was orderly and visually pleasing to me.


My Red/White Chaos quilt top is now complete.
72 x 81 inches



No comments:

Post a Comment