Tuesday, June 4, 2019

On Sunday ... I Purchase A Little Piece of The Past


I have been wanting a Singer Featherweight sewing machine for about 15 years or so years now.
I've looked at them on blogs I follow, I've looked at them on Etsy and other 
internet shopping sites and flea markets. I've envied them at sewing classes and guild meetings.
I've looked at them and dreamed of having one but could just never
justify spending the money to purchase one.
On Sunday all of that changed! A friend's husband has been selling off a few of the Singer Featherweight machines from his collection
... "swoon"...
So this Singer Featherweight 221-1 from 1951 (in it's original case) 
came home with me. 
It is in mint condition and sews beautifully.
I have already been sewing with it and I love it!

One day this will be a tractor!
I will have chickens and bees too!
Along with a garden and a pantry full of canned goods from my garden!

My dream of my very own Hippie Chick Homesteading life is coming together ... slowly but surly
and I couldn't be happier!
My weekends consist of mowing and sewing! hahaha!
As I whirl around the yard on my mower - I have mentally planned my garden for next year.
It is my plan to begin slowly and to build my homestead 
one growing season at a time.

Since moving into my little Rancher built in 1953, I have added gutters, and re-paved the driveway.
With the help of my sister and brother-in-law I have completed
a few DIY interior home projects and I'm just enjoying the process. 
It feels good building my little homestead, making this little Rancher and plot of dirt into the sustainable home of my dreams.
One project ... one growing season at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment