Thursday, August 13, 2020

Sampling a Sampler ... Quilt that is

 Sampling a Sampler

I've wanted to make a Sampler quilt for some time now and recently I ran across a book presented by Moda called, Block Heads.

There is also a website and blog posts, HERE is one of them.

I decided that now was as good a time as any to start a new quilt project.

A Sampler quilt project ...



A little hand embroidery


Hand embroidery to label and date my very first Sampler Quilt project.
I used cursive writing for my name. It is sad to me that cursive writing is no longer being taught, handwriting is a beautiful art form. 

These two blocks are actually 12.5 inch blocks leftover from the last two Tribute Star quilt projects that I have completed. I have several other orphan quilt blocks from previous quilt projects that I hope to use in this Sampler Quilt Project as well.

Happy Sampler Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment