Monday, August 24, 2020

Weekend Vibes

 Weekend Vibes

Pesto and Vanilla Extract were on deck for this weekend's activities. I'm happy to say that both tasks have been completed.


I'm still shocked that my little herb garden did so well this summer.


I'm so happy that I was brave enough to plant my own herb garden this year.
I am definitely glad that I asked my brother to teach me how to garden.
Gardening has become a real joy for me.


I have 5, 1/3 cup packets of pesto in the freezer.


I ordered brewing bottles for my vanilla extract but you can just use canning jars.
I wanted brewing bottles because I think they will make a better presentation when given as a gift.


I watched more than a few YouTube tutorials on making your own vanilla extract and some said to use vodka and some said to use spiced rum. All of the videos stressed using a high quality vodka or spiced rum. Well, I decided to do a taste comparison, making 3 bottles with vodka and 3 bottles with spiced rum.
Only time will tell ...


Vanilla Extract
Spiced Rum vs Vodka





No comments:

Post a Comment