Saturday, April 30, 2022

Finishing Up

 Finishing Up

I have lofty plans today ... I'm going to work on finishing a few things up. One of those things is my Crescent Quilts. One is for me and one is a gift.


Over the last few years I have been making the quilts that I have always been interested in making. Over the years I have collected quilt patterns, purchased panels and fabrics, but never seemed to have the time to actually make the quilts. Somehow I ended up with two of the panels needed to make the Crescent quilt ... so I made two of them. One of them is going to be a gift but the one pictured here is for me.


The panel came with the motifs for the quilt top but it also had wonderful small motifs printed as quilt labels. I fussy cut those cute little motifs and made them the centers of the small starts needed for the quilt top. 


I also ended up with an extra owl and unicorn motif that I trimmed down and used instead of making two of the large stars needed for the quilt.


For the large stars I used some wonky stars that I had already made ... which made this quilt a lot less fussy and fiddly. Which was a huge plus for me. And, since the quilt is for me I felt I had the freedom to tweak the pattern to fit my likes.


These little stars with the fuzzy cut motifs make me so happy!


I am really happy with this quilt. I've really enjoyed making the quilt patterns that have caught my eye over the years. 


I love the machine quilting pattern too! The big fluffy flowers just make this quilt for me.


My baby boy kitty approves of this quilt. So today is the day that I'm going to get the binding on this quilt and get if finished up. There is nothing better than getting the binding on a quilt and finishing a quilt project. 

Oh Happy Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment