Saturday, April 2, 2022

My Girl's 2022 Easter Basket

My Girl's 2022 Easter Basket

Llama's and Cacti (plural for cactus)

This year's Easter Basket has been slow and sluggish ... Normally, once I decide on a theme, I usually have the Easter Basket completed in a couple of weeks. I decided on a theme and started working on this year's basket back in January. I finished crocheting the basket and handle day one and started on the little llama ... ugh ...


I've made several baskets over the years and I have my own basic pattern for crocheting the basket. Not to mention there are a ton of free patterns and tutorials online for crocheting them.


I purchased a pattern for a crocheted llama pillow. I am not going to share the specifics on where you can find this pattern because it was very hard to follow. I ended up just looking at the picture and crocheting it until it sort of looked like it. I read the pattern and followed the instructions and it made a mess ... 


I scrapped my first attempted ... then read the pattern from start to finish. I made little notes and basically re-wrote the pattern to work into a llama ... shape ...


I'm not unhappy with the results. I've read many crochet patterns and I honestly can't tell you why this pattern just did not work. Maybe a part of the pattern is missing? I'm just not sure but that is the reason I'm not sharing the pattern. 


The blanket is my own creation as well.


The flowers around the llama's neck are also my own creation.


There will be a pom pom tail in the llama and some flower buttons around her ears.
I have a pattern for the cactus as well. I will be making the cactus a bit larger than the instructions call for. 

Now that I'm over the hurdle of crocheting the llama and figuring out the llama pattern this year's Easter Basket should be completed in no time. 
Thankfully ... and well before Easter!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment