Sunday, August 28, 2022

Another Hedgehog

 Another Hedgehog

This one is a bit more colorful than the Red/White Hedgehog quilt I made many moons ago. Also the block size is smaller. I made the large block size this time instead of the gigantic block size. And WOW ... all of the colors!


Block #1 - these colors, I just love them.


Block #2 - these little faces, I just love them.
I pieced the first two blocks last weekend - each block pieced from start (cutting out the pieces) to finish (piecing the entire block). I did this because I wasn't sure if I would like the results (my fabric choices). Fun Fact: this is how orphan block quilts begin ... sometimes after making a couple of blocks, I realize my color choices aren't the best or I just don't like piecing the blocks.


Yesterday I spent the morning cutting out all of the fabrics for the remaining blocks.
Look at those little faces.
After cutting all of the fabric pieces, I began chain piecing the faces.


The hedgehog spines are a bit tricky but I was able to complete the spines for 4 of my colorful hedgehog babies.


After piecing each block ... I think , "This one if my favorite!"
hahahahaha!!!


Then I piece another block and I think, "No ... this one is my favorite!"
hahahahaha!!!


The beautiful bundle of fabrics that I'm using for the hedgehog spines I purchased at a KMQG "yard sale" for lack of a better word. I purchased this cute bundle from Mrs. Pat and I've long since lost the tag with the specifics about the maker and line of this fabric. All of the solid color fabrics are KONA and there's a splash of Giucy Giuce by andover as well.


I'm having a glorious time making these colorful little hedgehogs!
All of these colors just make me happy!

I'm looking forward to another fun day in my sewing room with all of these cute colorful faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment