Friday, October 27, 2023

Hand-Quilting

 Hand-Quilting

I decided to pick one of my finished quilt tops for hand-quilting. It's been a couple of years since I hand quilted a quilt. The last quilt project that I hand quilted was my Modern Maple Leaf quilt in several of my amazing "cat" themed fabrics.

THIS POST has information on my Modern Maple Leaf quilt.

This year I decided to hand quilt this red/white string pieced quilt top that I finished piecing last year.

RED/WHITE STRING QUILT 


This quilt is made up with 10 inch blocks. The strings are placed on the diagonal to give this block a half square triangle look. I love the designs that you can make using half square triangles.


Red/White String Quilt
70 x 80 inches


Years ago, I took a class by Pepper Cory at an AQS quilt show on big stitch hand-quilting. Big stitch hand-quilting is a technique that uses pearl cotton floss and I think the results are stunning. Big stitch hand quilting is my preferred method of hand-quilting. Hand-quilting any quilt takes time but I'm looking forward to having this project at the ready to work on this winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment