Wednesday, February 16, 2022

A Long Time In the Making

 This quilt has been a long time in the making ...

This quilt has been in the works since 2018. I'm not sure exactly when I started this quilt but I do remember the house that I lived in when I finished piecing the quilt top. That house was sold in August of 2018. 

This quilt from start to finish was made for ME. The pattern is called Modern Maple Leaf. The fabrics are from my collection of "cat" themed fabrics. I also knew that I wanted to hand-quilt this quilt. Big stitch hand quilting with pearl cotton. 


I love how soft hand-quilting makes a quilt. 


And, this quilt is very very very soft. 


I'm very happy with how this quilt turned out. I do hate that it took me so long to completely finish this quilt but ... I'm happy with the results.


I love snuggling under this fluffy soft quilt with super soft flannel for the backing.


I see many many years of comfort and warmth under this quilt. And, in years to come maybe I will see grand babies snuggled up under this quilt. Maybe even a fort or two built with this quilt. Maybe a few pallets on the floor for Sunday afternoon naps with said grand babies. One can dream ...


Until then ... me and my fur babies will enjoy the comfort of this handmade hand-quilted quilt.
πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–


No comments:

Post a Comment