Friday, January 3, 2020

Sewing My Stash 10 ... Triangles ... Whoa!

Sewing My Stash 10
Triangles

I'm calling this one, Against The Grain


I have no idea how large or small this quilt will end up being ...
how does one go about measuring triangles for size?

I have really enjoyed making scrap quilts this past year. I had all of this beautiful fabric sitting in containers with no real plan for using them. Pulling these beautiful stacks of fabric to make scrap quilts has not only been fun for me, it has also been educational. I've learned so much about color values. I've always loved color, so being able to take a pile of different fabrics and be able to choose a stack that comes together in a visually pleasing quilt has been so much fun for me.
Color values is a thing! hahaha!

This will be my 10th scrap quilt and although I'm trying to use a good variety of patterns, the improv log cabin has been my favorite so far. I don't know what it is about them, to me they are just visually stunning. I love them!

I'm looking forward to all of the scrappy quilt possibilities and patterns that this new year has to offer!
It's so exciting!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment