Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Adventures In Canning

Canning garden fresh foods ...

Growing up in the small town of Crossville, Tennessee I was lucky enough to watch my grandparents and parents seasonally can garden fresh vegetables

YET ... I never learned how to do it myself!

This past weekend my sister-in-law graciously taught me how to pressure can green beans.

😎😎😎


I won't lie ... I'm feeling pretty good about learning how to can foods.
I can't tell you how much I enjoyed hanging out with family and
packing jars with freshly snapped green beans from the garden.
Green beans that I helped plant in the garden.


We had three runs of green beans, 14 quarts and 9 pints of beans were produced.


My sister-in-law made a wonderful lunch of party chicken and fresh green beans.


Earlier in the season I canned 8 pints of garlic dill pickles.


I also made some refrigerator pickles and pickled banana peppers.

I've been enjoying gardening and canning foods this year. I've enjoyed spending more time with my brother and his family. I've enjoyed learning how to garden from my brother. I've enjoyed learning how to can foods from my sister-in-law. I've enjoyed eating all of the garden fresh vegetables this summer as well. 

Gardening has been a real blessing for me this year. 

#wearefamily



No comments:

Post a Comment