Sunday, July 26, 2020

Baby Quilts

Baby Quilts???

As it happens, as of late, I have been commissioned to make a few baby quilts ...
but, I've also ended up making a few baby quilts purely by chance. 
These "by chance" baby quilts are the result of using blocks leftover from other projects.

It doesn't always happen but on occasion I end up with extra blocks, or portions of blocks that end up being just enough for a baby quilt.


My sister commissioned me to make a couple of baby quilts as gifts this summer.
Old Glory
For a baby boy due in July


And I started this Modern Hexagon quilt for a little girl due in June.


But after talking with the mom to be, my sister requested a floral baby girl quilt instead.
As you know I'm working strictly from my fabric stash so luckily I had some floral fabrics on hand.
hahahaha!


Old Glory and Flora & Fauna
***Side note ... both babies were born in July. The June baby girl decided to wait until July to make her debut.***


I had a bit more of the floral fabrics and decided to piece them into another floral baby quilt but this time I used a bright pink-ish border. 


This scrap happy baby quilt is the product of my most recent scrap quilt project.
I had enough left to make this hourglass baby quilt top.
The way I figure it, it never hurts to have a few baby quilt tops at the ready.

#babiesandquilts



No comments:

Post a Comment