Thursday, July 2, 2020

Inquiring Minds ... Worm Dirt Update

Inquiring Minds ... Worm Dirt Update

The Burning Questions ...



Okay, these are the questions that I have ...

1. How does one decide to grow worms? I had no idea this was even a thing?
A farming friend introduced growing worms to my brother. 

2. What is the purpose of growing your own worms? 
The purpose of growing worms is the production of organic fertilizer.
Apparently the worm castings (worm poop) is a very rich organic fertilizer that is great for growing vegetables.

3. What do you do with the worms? Set them free? And, if so where do you set them free and why?
The worms are not set free. Worms eat their weight in food each day. For example, if you have 5 pounds of worms, the worms eat 5 pounds of matter. In this case vegetable compost.
The worm castings ... dirt ... is called Black Gold and my brother uses it in his garden.

4. Do you sell them? Fishing bait?
My brother does not sell his worms but he purchased his worms via mail order from a company in Kentucky. 

As far as I can see, worm dirt is an excellent organic fertilizer ...





No comments:

Post a Comment