Sunday, July 26, 2020

Updated - Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #13

Saturday Sewing

Scrap quilts are my favorite!


I have really enjoyed making these scrap quilts. 
Taking my fabric scraps and turning them into an interesting beautiful quilt top.
This scrap quilt took it a step further for me ...


In all of the years that I have been quilting, I've never made a quilt setting the blocks on point.
This scrap quilt was not only fun ... I learned something new.
Quilt math was involved but I survived! hahahaha!
These blocks make me think of waterfalls. I really like the way that this one turned out.


Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #13
80 x 90 inches

I am considering hand-quilting this quilt top in Big Stitch hand quilting.


Scrap Happy Baby Quilt
35 x 35 inches

Setting the blocks on point for this quilt project meant trimming four of the blocks in half.
I took those four half blocks and made half square triangle blocks and ended up with enough to make a small scrappy baby quilt. Two finished quilt tops in one quilt project.

I love it when a simple idea comes together and works out.


No comments:

Post a Comment