Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Sock Knitter

 Sock Knitter

I learned how to knit to specifically learn how to knit socks. It was my goal to have a pair of socks always in the works. Sock knitting is my ongoing portable project. 

When my children were smaller there was always some place to be, like a doctor's appointment, dental appointment, practice for this sport or that dance class. I spent a lot of time sitting in dingy offices, bleachers, or my car waiting for my children with nothing to do. Quilting is not a portable project ... that is when I decided to learn how to knit.

I love the idea of making something useful ... quilts ... socks ...


I have two sock patterns that I follow. Picture here is the cuff down pattern by
Very Pink
https://verypink.com/category/socks/


I love working on double pointed needles (dpns) in the round.


I love the stretchy cuff of a cuff down sock. It is hard to get that stretchiness on the cuff of a toe up sock.


And, check this out ... my Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #17 - Paint Drips - 68 x 70 inches!
My longarm quilter had knee replacement surgery a few months ago and she is just beginning to get back to machine quilting. I'm so happy that she is healing and that her rehabilitation has been successful. Her work is amazing and I'm so glad she is able to return to what she loves to do. I love her work and it is worth waiting for.


No comments:

Post a Comment