Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Socks with Cables

 Socks with Cables

I was home from work yesterday, after being exposed to Covid at work, I took the day off in order to get tested. Being at home gave me the opportunity to start a new pair of toe up socks. The pattern I use actually has a cable pattern but I've never made a pair of socks with the cable design ... I decide to do that this time around.


I normally cast on both socks, even though I don't use the method of casting on both socks on one set of needles. I cast on both socks but on separate needles. It just works better for me.


I love using the Felici yarn by Knit Picks for my toe up socks. I love the self striping yarn and the colors are always so vibrant.


The pattern I'm using has a chart to follow for the cabling portion of the sock. It also has the words ... thankfully ... I never learned how to read charts in knitting. I think I will make it a goal to learn how to read knitting charts. Although, I've just begun the cabling on this pair of socks I can already begin to see the pattern. 

So exciting!

😎😎😎


No comments:

Post a Comment