Monday, June 27, 2022

Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #19 - Scrap Bag

 Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #19 - Scrap Bag

I love making scrap quilts. It always amazes me how the scraps of fabrics from various quilt projects can all come together into an amazing quilt top all on its own.


I have a Joann's bag under my sewing table that I put scrap fabrics in. When the bag gets full I dump it out and work on organizing all of the pieces. I sort the scraps by size, 2 inch strips, 2.5 inch strips ... and so on.


This scrap bag ended up having a lot of 2 inch strips, which make wonderful log cabin blocks.


So that is exactly what I decided to do ... make log cabin blocks. I ended up with 31, 9 inch square log cabin blocks.


I popped a quilt label on one of the blocks before piecing the 6 rows of 5 blocks each.


These pieces were leftover so I made a 2 inch strip scrappy jelly roll. I may use it as a border around this little scrap quilt.


Sewing My Stash Scrap Quilt #19 - Scrap Bag
45 x 54 inches
I'm still considering using the leftover scrappy jelly roll has the border on this quilt, so the size may change. Regardless, this little quilt will become a car quilt. It's the perfect lap size.


No comments:

Post a Comment