Sunday, February 24, 2019

Today I ... Skipped Down a Red Brick Road


Red Brick Road (Red & White)
This quilt pattern is by Karen Griska and it is called;
Yellow Brick Road, A Modern String Quilt
from The Perpetual Quilter Vol. 33
Of course my version of this pattern is in Red & White


Truthfully it took a bit for me to figure out the rhythm of this quilt. For some reason I was going at it like I would for piecing a log cabin. After ripping out more than a few seams, I was finally able to wrap my mind around it. At this point (photo above) the quilt top is almost 55 x 60 inches, but it seems I have run out of red fabric scraps ... or at least red fabric scraps in the size I need for this quilt. So, I took this one down from the design wall until my red scrap fabric bag gets full again.
My goal is to make this quilt 110 x 110 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment