Friday, April 22, 2022

Shelby's 2022 Easter Basket - Llamas and Cacti

 Shelby's 2022 Easter Basket

Llamas and Cacti


I came up with the theme of llamas and cacti from a quilt I finished earlier in the year. The front of the quilt has cactus, lots and lots of cactus blocks. The backing I chose that cute little llamas and cacti.


I ordered a pattern on Etsy for this little llama pillow but it was so poorly written that I ended up re-writing the pattern to work. 


I also added the floral yoke and the blanket on the llama.


The basket is just my typical basket pattern that I use each year. This year I did scallop the top edge of the basket and I attached the handle on the inside of the basket.


The cactus was a free pattern and equally as poorly written. I really struggled with the patterns I chose this year. Maybe it was just me ... but honestly I've never had such a difficult time reading and completing crochet patterns.


So as far as the cactus go ... I loosely followed the pattern but ended up working the cactus out on my own. I also added the floral buttons.


Anyway, it is safe to say that I really struggled with this years Easter basket.


This year I added this cute little wooden button. This is the first Easter basket that I have "signed" or "labeled". I ordered these personalized little wooden buttons on Etsy.


No comments:

Post a Comment