Saturday, January 21, 2023

Puttering

 Puttering


I'm in the "let down" phase ... that period of time right after the holidays. That period of time where I don't really know what to do with myself. I want to get back into the habit of reading my Bible daily. Taking the time to center myself and enjoy the Word of God.


This year, instead of resolutions, several of us in the family are doing a BINGO card of goals. Things we would like to accomplish in 2023. One of my goals is to knit 5 pairs of socks this year. This time of year is the toughest time of the year for me. I have to work hard at finding the joy in life ... instead of feeling like everything is a struggle. I'm coming to realize that puttering around, focusing on this or that for a few minutes here and there help me. I don't become overwhelmed and I get a few minutes to enjoy whatever it is that I land on in those moments. I'm hopeful this year I will learn to love myself a bit, forgive myself a bit, and take care of myself a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment