Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Red/White Churn Dash

 Red/White Churn Dash

This year has been a weird one for me in regards to my sewing room activities. I think I let people get into my head about sewing so much. About all the sewing supplies, fabric, and notions that I have. About all of the quilts that I have ...  and so on. Whether meant negatively or not, that is how I took those comments and it managed to stop my creative energy and sewing mojo dead in it's tracks. I have wrestled with these thoughts for almost a year now. I have finally decided that I LOVE QUILTING, I love all things quilting and I need to stop letting what other people think about my quilting and sewing room activities and do what I LOVE ... make quilts!

This past weekend I managed to finish two quilt projects that I started last year. The first is this Churn Dash quilt in red and white fabrics.


I started this quilt project last year ... I had made 35 of the 42 blocks before I got into my head.
It feels good to be back in my sewing room doing what I love.


42 - 12.5 inch churn dash blocks


This one is more than my design wall can handle.


Red and white quilts just make me happy. 
I can't really explain my fascination with them.
To me, they are simply beautiful.


Blue skies and a beautiful fall morning. Such a beautiful back drop for a traditional quilt pattern as the churn dash.


Quilts in the Wild
Saturday morning was a beautiful cool crisp morning here in East Tennessee.


No comments:

Post a Comment