Friday, February 23, 2024

Family

Family

My sister has been sharing pictures and family history via text messages. I can't tell you how much I enjoy getting a random text message in the middle of the day about my family. It always makes my day.

The pictures and text below is her latest installment


Dean Gipson, Patrick (Pa) Gibson, Liza (Granny) Gibson's brother, and Doc (Grandpa) Gibson
**Note** Our family name was Gipson with a "P" until my Grandpa Doc married my Grandma Dorothy. My Grandma Dorothy changed it to Gibson with a "B".**


Coal Mine - Crawford, Tennessee

These pictures were taken about 100 years ago.  This is the coal mine our family worked in.  The men in the picture are Dean Gipson, Pa, Granny's brother and Grandpa Doc.  That doesn't really look like Grandpa but that's what Grandma Dorothy told me.  Dean Gipson was a neighbor boy Granny and Pa took in and raised.  I don't know about you, but I am very thankful none of us had to work in a hole in the ground to feed our family. 

This was up around Crawford, Tennessee, near the Tennessee Kentucky line.  

No comments:

Post a Comment