Monday, April 1, 2019

Today I ... Made Red and White Binding


It was just one of those weekends ... I was busy with chores which didn't leave a lot of time for my sewing room


Or ... my quilting projects


There was laundry, grocery shopping, meal prepping, and cleaning


Cleaning however included some tidying up in my sewing room. I had a stack ... pile ... of fabric trimmed from quilts that have been quilted and are ready for binding.


It was a BIG pile ... and getting BIGGER ... 


So, I spent some time sorting, cutting, folding, and pressing that BIG pile into beautiful quilt binding.


A few weeks back I purchased some Red binding because sometimes store bought binding looks best on a quilt (my Rework quilt) but usually I prefer making my own binding. There is something satisfying about making my own binding. It's just part of the process and I enjoy it.

I have 3 Red / White quilts I've made recently that are ready for binding, and now I have the binding to do that! Not really how I envisioned my weekend sewing time
but I'm very pleased all the same.



No comments:

Post a Comment