Monday, July 26, 2021

Slowly But Surely

Slowly but surely

Weekends are so short, especially when they are filled with those things you HAVE TO DO ... such as laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning.

 In the past couple of weeks I have focused on deep cleaning at least one room, closet, drawer, and/or area at a time. I've cleaned out a closet ... Goodwill run and all. I cleaned my bedroom, moving the furniture around and wiping down the baseboards. This weekend I cleaned my living room. I moved the furniture, cleaned the baseboards, vacuumed, dusted, organized and made a plan for a future chair I want to purchase.


I'm very happy with the new furniture layout.
See that couch ... it is a sleeper sofa and boy is it heavy!


This room feels so much larger with the new layout. The plan for a new chair will work much better with the furniture this way. I want to make a little hand-quilting / knitting nook in the corner. (where the ottoman is in this photo ... upper right hand corner)


I've been working on my Modern Maple Leaf quilt ... it has been so relaxing and enjoyable getting back into hand-quilting. I'm looking forward to getting this quilt finished. This one is going to be a soft one due to the hand-quilting.


After rearranging and cleaning my living room, I had all day Sunday to sit and enjoy my new space and I did just that. I made a lot of progress on my hand-quilting project and on my new knitting project. It was a very peaceful day.


My new knitting project!
From knitting socks to knitting sweaters ...
Wish me luck!




No comments:

Post a Comment