Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Backings - Easy Patchwork QAL with Sew Hungry Hippie

 Backings

I'm on a roll ... there have been some great fabric sales going on lately!

Easy Patchwork Quilt A Long


I joined this QAL (quilt a long) last year. I end up with a lot of fabric scraps and this seemed like a perfect way to use some of them.

Natalie at sewhungryhippie.com is so inspiring.


Easy Patchwork
72 x 72 inches


I love this backing fabric ... it reminds me of a bearded boy I know!

This backing fabric is, Dear Stella Fabrics, Chop It Like It's HOT (white)
$3.99 a yard

#quiltsinthewild

****

Backings

I'm always on the lookout for clearance fabric sales mostly for yardage for backings for my completed quilt tops. It is rare that I spend more than $5.00 a yard for backing fabric yardage. I'm not saying that I haven't spent more but as a rule of thumb I try to keep cost down when choosing yardage for backing fabrics.

The search for backing fabrics is made a bit more difficult by the added rule of keeping cost down and my need to stick with the theme of the quilt top, but I love the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment