Friday, August 5, 2022

Red/White Strings

 Red/White Strings

A few of my favorite things ..

Red and White fabrics sewn up together into string pieced blocks. 💖


Red/White Strings
70 x 80 inches

As you can see I used various shades of white fabrics. I am after all using up all of the fabrics I have on hand. I had purchased some 10 inch pre-cut white fabric squares from Joanne's a few years ago ... I don't even remember why I bought them or what my plan was for them but they made the perfect foundation for these string pieced blocks. The red strings were from my scrap bag that was getting a little too full.

July was full of wacky weather, we had a lot of thunder storms ... one was rolling in right before I took this picture. I managed to get three quilt tops completed in July, this quilt top was  one of them. 

I've had to laugh at myself. The 3 quilt projects that I finished in July were all just hours away from completion when I had packed them away. Sometimes I just get bored with a quilt project and I take it down from my design wall and stuff it in a box ... for later. I needed 13 more blocks to finish this quilt top. Everything was cut and ready for sewing, it took me about 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon to finish this quilt top. So ..... I was 3 hours away from completing this quilt top months ago when I stuffed it all in a box.
hahahahaha!!! Why I do the things I do! hahahahaha!

#quiltsinthewild


No comments:

Post a Comment