Sunday, June 25, 2023

Pantry Update

 Pantry Update

I mentioned my pandemic food hoarding pantry a few weeks ago, so this morning I decided to clean and organize my pantry. 

I threw away several opened (stale) items and a few items past their expiration dates.


I separated items ... all of the sugar (snack) items are on the very bottom shelf. Nuts, grains, and teas on the shelf above that. Vegetables and canned meats and pasta noodles up next, then the shelf above that is full of soups and sauces. The top shelf is for anything too tall for the other shelves ... oatmeal, bisquik, olive oil, cereal, cream of wheat, etc.
My goal is to remove sugar, as much sugar as possible from my diet going forward.


I made cupcakes last week because I had a serious sugar craving! After eating 4 of them, I took the rest of them to work the following morning.

Sugar is something that I will be working toward removing from my diet. I have become obnoxiously large! I have done nothing but gain weight since I turned 45. As I will be 60 at the end of this year, I'm going to begin working on reversing this trend and lose weight. I have a weight loss goal of 30 pounds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment