Sunday, August 30, 2020

Transitioning

 Transitioning from one season to the next.

I was looking back on my camera roll and noticed that subconsciously I have been transitioning from summer and the garden into fall and winter activities.


My sewing room is now haunted!
Last year I purchased the pattern for these cute little ghosts from @thencamejune and @penandpaperpatters (on instagram)
www.thencamejune.com
www.penandpaperpatterns.com
I made 1 (one) ghost block and set it aside ... so here is me a year later picking up where I left off.
I have the Fall feels in a big way apparently ...


My daughter had surgery a few weeks ago and I bound off sock #1 of each of these pairs of socks and cast on sock #2
I'm sure I have mentioned this here before but ... I learned how to knit solely and specifically to make socks. Just socks. I always wanted to learn how to knit and make my own socks. I wanted to have a pair of socks on the sticks in progress so that when I'm out and about I have a project to work on. When I'm in a waiting room waiting to be called back for my appointment. Stuck in traffic ... you know all of those times when you are just waiting ...
I achieved this goal a few years ago and now I always have a project bag with a couple of socks in the works with me at all times. It is just one of those things that makes me happy.


My sister-in-law's mother gifted me some of her bread starter and I have been whipping up fresh bread and cinnamon rolls regularly for the past couple of weeks.
I've always wanted to learn how to make this bread. My mom made this bread for years and I loved every thing she ever baked with this starter. My daughter loves these cinnamon rolls A LOT!!!


This guy just makes me happy!
HE is always near and loves this lofty spot on top of a bookshelf in my sewing room.
If I'm in my sewing room HE is usually right there with me. 


I love how HE hides his eyes with his paw when he sleeps.
HE is such a cool kid!

So ... according to my camera roll  (hahaha) ... I have been actively transitioning into Fall without even realizing it.

Happy Fall to you all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment