Monday, October 7, 2024

Shimmer II

 Shimmer II

I made this quilt for my daughter a few years ago, in Tula Pink fabrics. The pattern is written by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew.

Since then I have dreamed and planned to make a Shimmer quilt in Tula Pink fabrics for my own personal quilt collection.


In May when I purged and cleaned my house and sewing room, I found a few blocks that I had cut out but had not needed to finish my daughter's quilt.


That is when I decided that it was time to start working on my own Shimmer quilt.


I love how this block comes together and it looks more difficult and complex than it really is. Allison's pattern is written beautifully and is very easy to follow.


As it turned out I had 5 blocks cut and ready to piece from the making of my daughter's Shimmer quilt. I actually love that my quilt will have blocks from my daughter's quilt incorporated into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment