Sunday, August 11, 2024

Orphan Blocks from the Red/White Box of Curiosities

 Orphan Blocks

... from the Red/White Box of Curiosities 

I just can't get enough of red/white quilts. Presently I'm on a very traditional quilt patterns path and enjoying it very much. You know I love modern quilt patterns as well but for the moment, traditional quilt patterns draw my attention. Presently I am piecing a Jacob's Ladder pattern red and white quilt. 💖


All of the blocks in the photo above are orphan blocks from various other red/white quilt projects. Flying Geese, Bear Paw, 4 Patch blocks, and half square triangles. Even a couple of the pink typewriter prints from the Bubblegum Pink quilt I made recently. This orphan block quilt top is going to take a lot of quilt math ...


The red/white 9 Patch blocks in the photo above are Leader and Ender blocks made while constructing the Jacob's Ladder quilt I am working on presently.
Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com is where I learned about Leader and Ender block construction.


Red/White Jacob's Ladder blocks organized and ready for piecing


49 of these 12.5 inch blocks are required to make the 84 x 84 inch Jacob's Ladder quilt top.
There will be 7 rows of 7 blocks each to construct the quilt top.




No comments:

Post a Comment