Sunday, September 15, 2019

Strolling Along

Strolling along through September,
I have officially survived Friday the 13th and the following full moon.
Safely I might add ... here in my sewing room. 

Finished this beautiful gem ...


Meadow
68 x 78

This pattern is by Lizzy House 
September of 2015 the KMQG hosted the class that Lizzy House 
gave to learn how to make this quilt.
I loved every moment of the class and getting the opportunity to meet Lizzy House.
I had completed all but the final 3 blocks needed to complete this quilt top before putting it away.
Honesty time ... I was in a horrible marriage that was debilitating.
I was left with barely enough confidence to wake up each morning.
The divorce has been final for 1 year now and I was able to finish this beautiful quilt.
Finishing this quilt top is a huge triumph for me.
I feel successful for the first time in a very long time.
And, it feels wonderful!
💖💖💖
It may have taken me four years to finish this quilt top but that's okay.
The quilt top is finished and I am in a much better place in my life.
It feels good ... real good.


During the class Lizzy House signed my practice block 
and I am making it into a pillow.
This block will become a part of my Pillow Project.

💖💖💖

***Now to go back through all of the old posts of talented machine quilters to find 
just the right person to machine quilt this beauty.
I'm so excited!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment