Thursday, August 8, 2024

Design Wall 08/08/2024

 Design Wall

For many years I didn't have a design wall and looking back I wonder how I ever got anything accomplished. Back then any flat surface would do, table tops, the floor, or the top of the bed.

These days however I do have a design wall and I love it.

It is a place where I can play around with blocks and decide on just the right placement or design. For a quilting nerd like myself ... having a design wall provides hours and hours of entertainment! hahahaha!

There are many different elaborate and expensive design wall products out there on the market but mine is made of a queen size flannel sheet that I purchased at a yard sale years ago. I have it thumbtacked to the wall in my sewing room and it works beautifully for me.


Some blocks I found going through bags and boxes that I rescued from the storage unit that I cleaned out and the English Paper Piecing project that I am currently working on.


Some red/white half square triangles that I found and wonky star block that was in my Red/White box of curiosities.


Red/White 9 patch blocks that I made from scrap fabrics in my red/white box of curiosities. The lost and found blocks that have become SMS Quilt # 23 Half Square Triangles.
Girl Power the English Paper Piecing project that I am currently working on.

#gibbygirl63


No comments:

Post a Comment