Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Playing in the Dirt

 Playing in the Dirt

After work yesterday I re-potted a few plants. As it happens I am taking care of some plants for a friend while she is out of town. All of them looked a bit puny and dehydrated.


Both of these pants are outdoor plants and the dry and hot weather we have had lately has really taken a toll on them.


Even though I have been watering them, they are still really puny.
So I decided to re-pot them. As you can see in the photo above the soil was porous and rock hard. The water just ran right through the pot.


After work I stopped by the local home improvement store and purchased a few flower pots and some potting soil. I purchased enough of both to re-pot a few of my house plants that needed some attention and new soil, as well.


Pictured above are the outdoor plants I am caring for, for my friend while she is out of town.
In the background you can see the small pots that the plants were in when they arrived at my home. I'm hopeful that the new soil and larger pots will perk them up.


Pictured above are my indoor plants that needed some TLC.
The plant in the forefront has been in my kitchen window for years. The leaves were beginning to yellow and it just looked a bit sickly. The plant in the back is from a cutting of a plant where I work. I have my fingers crossed that it will root, survive and flourish.


These are the new hosta plants that my sister brought back from my aunt's garden in Ohio.
Even with the dry weather and heat they seem to be doing well. 


One of the plants has even bloomed.

I enjoyed the evening barefooted and playing in the dirt.
What a great way to enjoy the cicadas song and brighten my spirits. 




No comments:

Post a Comment