Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Constructing Crochet Easter Baskets

 Constructing crochet Easter Baskets

And so it begins ...


Crocheted basket construction is pretty straight forward. There are a ton of tutorials for crocheting baskets.


I've spent my lunch break this past week getting the basket started. I love starting a new Easter basket. As you may or may not know, I crochet an Easter basket for my daughter each year. Some years an idea for her Easter basket comes together really quickly. Other years not so quickly. I've done daisies, sunflowers, the pacific northwest, Ariel (Disney princess), Mardi gras colors ... and the Colorado state flag.
I have tons and tons of ideas but my amigurumi skills do NOT match the ideas that I come up with! Hahahahahahaha!!!! But with each basket I am getting a little better at crocheting and amigurumi.


I love the colors of this self striping yarn. It is a cotton worsted weight blend but it came from my stash and I have long since lost the label for this ball of yarn. I don't remember where I got it or what brand of yarn it is. UGH! Sorry!


My inspiration this year.
I love the basket handle and how it is attached to the basket.
I haven't decided on the theme of this Easter Basket. There will be an amigurumi element but I haven't decided on the direction I want to go. 





No comments:

Post a Comment