Sunday, August 29, 2021

Orphan Block Box

Orphan Block Box

I truly love orphan blocks and scraps. Every quilt I make is a joy to me. I love the fabrics and patterns of the quilts I've decided to make over the years. Even the quilts that I don't end up making because after making a test block or two, I know I don't want to make the 40 plus needed to make a quilt top. Hahaha! It happens! 


I have this box that I put all of my orphan blocks in. Over the years I often make my test blocks out of red and white fabrics. Since becoming obsessed with red/white quilts it only makes since to make my test blocks with all of the red/white fabrics that I have. 


I managed to get the checker board border pieced onto the bottom of my present red/white orphan block sampler quilt top.  Once that was completed this little red/white nugget measures at 51 x 56 inches. So back in the Orphan Block Box it went ... it still has room to grow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment