Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Toe Up Socks x 2

Sock Knitting

I learned how to knit to specifically knit socks. I've been knitting socks now for a few years. I have a plain cuff down pattern for ankle high socks and a plain toe up pattern for calf high socks. I have been knitting these two same patterns for socks since I began.

There is a math formula for figuring out sizes - how many stitches from toe to gusset and so on. I've never had to learn this formula as the first two patterns I came across fit me perfectly.

I purchase the same sock knitting weight yarn from www.knitpicks.com for each pair I make.

Very plain socks yet still very beautiful, fun to make, and for me ... rewarding as well as relaxing.


I've decided to work on taking my sock knitting to the next level.
Knitting a pair of socks at the same time on the same set of needles. Truthfully ... it seems a bit daunting but, last night I was able to cast on my first pair of knit at the same time socks!
For this first pair I've decided to keep it simple and use the toe up sock pattern I always use. Until I get more comfortable knitting a pair of socks on the same needle.

It is my plan to dive into this world of sock knitting and try new patterns, new cast ons, all of the heel varieties, finally figure out that sock math, and in general just work on my sock knitting skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment