Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Scraps

Scraps

I spent most of Sunday afternoon organizing my fabric scraps. I keep my fabric scraps from the quilts I make. I make string pieced quilts and I'm always on the look out for scrap quilt patterns. So every now and again I take the time to organize my fabric scraps for easy use.


I poured out a bag of solids fabric scraps and what do I find?
A red/white wonky star quilt block.


Apparently it was cut to small ???


I put this little gem in my box of red/white orphan quilt blocks. 
Not only do I collect fabric scraps ... I keep all of those random orphan blocks.
Test blocks, blocks cut wrong or not the right size, and blocks made for quilt patterns I no longer want to finish.
Some become pillows and some become parts of other improv quilt tops I decide to make.

#scraphappy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment